Saturday, June 12, 2010

Americade



Americade
in Lake George

It has always been a tradition in my house to drive the Harley(s) out to Lake George every year, see the bikes, Steve liked to test drive the new bikes, get his Hog pin and then we all looked for that year's Americade t-shirt. Even if the rest of us didn't want to go a particular year Steve ALWAYS went.

Well this year was obviously different....Steve is no longer here and although I could still ride my Harley out - it isn't the same. BUT I did still go but I drove in a car... with my girl friend. It was a blast! The rain held off and we were able to walk around, get our t-shirts and have a very enjoyable (cheat) meal. A cheat meal I have not had in a very very long time. Not that I have missed them. I haven't. But today I had a cheeseburger on a 1/2 bun and potato chips! NOW I want ice cream. :(

Pros and Cons to the Americade

Pros
1. The heart throbbing sound of a Harley! Still to this day(after 15 years on the back of Steve's bike and 3 years with my own) the sound of a Harley thrills me to no end!!!
2.
3. People watching and bike watching is the best.

Cons
1. 80% of people smoke. I HATE smoke.
2. Alot of drinking and I don't care to drink.

Let's go back to the Pros
4. Lake George is beautiful!
5. Lots of things to do.
6. Great shopping
7. Many good restaurants right on the lake to sit out on the deck

and may I mention again...
1. The heart throbbing sound of a Harley! Still to this day(after 15 years on the back of Steve's bike and 3 years with my own) the sound of a Harley thrills me to no end!!!
2.
3. People watching and bike watching is the best.


No comments:

Post a Comment