Thursday, June 24, 2010

Nino




"Nino"

I'm not sure how old Nino was, he was my brother-in laws dog and we have had him for several years. He had become Stacey's dog. The dog just loved Stacey and she loved him. The dog was a good judge of character....he didn't like guys around....only the good guys. He would bark when he disapproved of a male visitor but would cling to those he liked. He was called the "Guy Detector". Stacey and her roommate Eileen begin to make male decisions based on how Nino responded to them.
I have to admit sometimes he did know more then we did.
The sad ending to this post is that Nino was getting old and we were carrying him up and down stairs.(which didn't bother us) Well yesterday Stacey took Nino to get his nails clipped and the Vet looked at the bony old man and preceded to say that he should be put down that he was probably suffering and that the way he was living was no quality of life.
That was a big blow to the three of us (Stevie, Stacey and I) as Nino was the only part of Steve and Mikie we had left.
Stacey remained strong as usual, Stevie dealt with it in his on way and I did something pathetic.....
I sat partially in the shed among the two Harleys and proceeded to drink a bottle of wine I had stored since January (the last time I had had a drink). I wanted Steve to be there. I wanted to be close to him and there isn't much left now that brings me close to him. His bike was his baby.... so for right now that was the closest thing I had to comfort another page being turned in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment