Saturday, July 11, 2009

When you don't succeed...

try try again. I never quite mastered either the snatch or the kipping pull ups so I started from square one today. Blue band kipping and a 35# bar with a baseball cap. Yup that's where I am going to stay until I get full extension, good movement and chest to bar on my pull ups. And the 35# bar will be my friend until I can get that bar closer to my body, shrug, bend the elbows up and out, dropping under the bar with locked arms overhead. WOW, that is some tall order

Today we'll skip the "Dialing In:" as I know now it's going to be a Cheat Day. A long time co-worker is getting married today. It will be a outdoor, barbeque wedding. My understanding is that it will be short and sweet. We all have our reasons for getting married, whether it be love at first site, long time friends, cant' live with you/can't live without you, all the way to needing medical insurance, life insurance and even just a dependable life partner. Whatever the case may be when you make that tie, make that commitment you hope and pray you never have to break that trust of making that first commitment. You would hope at the least, both partners would try everything possible to stand by their words of "to death do us part"
(I suppose that is why we have gun control..... :) JUST KIDDING.)

Enough about weddings...we were talking about the "love" of lifting. Here's videos of how I did from square one today.

(First is a little dancing warm up)










No comments:

Post a Comment